- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Eight Low Dispersion Elements
- Apochromatic Sonnar Optical Design
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Floating Elements System
- OLED Display for Focus Distance and DoF
- Linear Autofocus Motor
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
ZEISS BATIS 135MM F/2.8 OVERVIEW
Mixing advanced optics with contemporary performance, the
Batis 135mm f/2.8 from ZEISS is a mid-length telephoto prime designed for
full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized as an apochromat, the
Sonnar optical design, along with the use of eight anomalous partial dispersion
elements, helps to effectively eliminate chromatic aberrations and color
fringing for improved clarity and rendering. A floating elements system is also
used, for consistent performance throughout the focusing range, in order to
achieve even sharpness and illumination. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective
coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare
for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting
Batis-series lenses are distinguished by their innovative use
of an OLED display on the lens barrel, which highlights the focus distance and
depth of field range for quickly recognizing your focusing parameters. As an
autofocus lens, linear motors are used to deliver quick, quiet, and smooth
focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally,
this lens incorporates optical image stabilization to minimize the appearance
of camera shake when working with slower shutter speeds and a dust- and
weather-sealed construction lends itself to shooting in trying environments.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount
mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it
provides a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult
lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for
working with selective focus techniques.
- Sonnar optical concept suits the combination of a large
maximum aperture and long focal length, and also contributes to notable sharpness,
well-controlled flare, and high contrast.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes eight anomalous partial
dispersion elements to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic
aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each
lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and
- Optical image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance
of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image
quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 2.9' to infinity.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the
working focus distance as well as the depth of field range for quickly
recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens
and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a
rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens
in inclement shooting conditions.
ZEISS BATIS 135MM F/2.8
Angle of View
2.85' / 87 cm
14 Elements in 11
67 mm (Front)
Dimensions (ø x L)
3.86 x 4.72"
/ 98 x 120 mm